Thursday, August 28, 2008

Venezuela - Tuesday - Thursday

The World Religions class has been a huge success this week.  It is hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day. 

 

I think the student's favorite assignment was researching the prevalence of Animism in Venezuela.  They were quite surprised to find so much folk religions practiced in Venezuela such as Santeria, Umbanda, Maria Lionza, and other Yoruba gods.  However, Animism is still practiced by 40 percent of the people in the world.

 

I have really enjoyed being back in Venezuela.  I am staying with missionaries Ted and June Sanborn.  I stayed with them two years ago.  They are such a lovely couple. Last year they were on furlough so I stayed in the Bible School dorm. 

 

As always, Fernanda has been wonderful.  She has not only translated all my course notes but she is my translator for class, for preaching, and for every conversation.  She has such a gift.

 

The missions office has a new cook this year.  She fixes lunch for everyone in the office and we all eat together.  I think I have gained ten pounds.  I met all the office staff last year when I interviewed them. 

 

Since Bro. Samuel has resigned as the Director, he asked if I would interview the staff again this year to help them deal with change. We have had some wonderful sessions each evening after class.  God is so good.
 
Dr. Rodney White

Investing in Futures, Inc.
"Coaching and Equipping the Next Generation"
PO Box 6451
Lakeland, Florida 33807

www.investinginfutures.org







It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

No comments: