Monday, August 11, 2008

Saturday from Venezuela

I arrived safely in Venezuela.  I flew from Tampa to Miami to Caracas and then to Barquisimeto in the State of Lara. 

 

While I was waiting for my luggage at the airport in Barquisimeto, a little boy came up from behind me and started playing with the handle on my briefcase.  I looked down at him and smiled.  He was so cute.  I then turned back around to look for my suitcase and felt someone touching me on the shoulder.  When I turned around, I saw a man holding the same little boy that had been playing with my luggage.  But he was holding the little boy in front of his face.  Suddenly the man moved the little boy so I could see his face and it was Bro. Samuel Rodríguez, the Missions Director for Venezuela.  He had managed to get through security (actually one of the men in his church works for airport security and was on duty at the time and let him come in) and was there to greet me.  We had a great reunion. 

 

While we were waiting for my luggage, he began to tell me that after serving for ten years as the Missions Director, he had recently resigned to become a missionary to Peru.  I lost it!  I started shouting "Glory!" right there in the airport.  I am so proud of him.  He has done a super job of pioneering the Missions Department and will be going to Peru to help them with their Missions Department.  This is the greatest news I have heard in a long time. 

 

The newly appointed Missions Director will be here during my two week stay so I can meet and work with him.  I met he and his family last year.  He was one of the missionary families I interviewed; the one who had four teenaged children all going to university at the same time and wanted to know if the Missions Department could help them financially.  He is coming off the field from Haiti to become the new Director and I am sure he will take the Missions Department to the next level.  These are exciting day.  What a thrill to be a part of it just to see what God is doing.

 

 Dr. Rodney White

Investing in Futures, Inc.
"Coaching and Equipping the Next Generation"
PO Box 6451
Lakeland, Florida 33807

www.investinginfutures.org







Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

No comments: