Thursday, August 14, 2008

Venezuela - Sunday

My schedule for today was to preach at a church that was pioneered by Bro. Samuel Rodríguez, the Missions Director.  He has been the Missions Director for ten years, but he and his family still attend that church.

 

Service began at 9:30 a.m.  The time of worship was wonderful.  The worship band was great, the singers were energetic, and we had a great time of worship.  Immediately after worship, three young people came up and sang a special.  They did a super job.  It was an anointed service.

 

During the worship service, Bro. Rodríguez asked me if I would take up the tithes and offering for the church using the "African Offering."  I told him that I would if the offering could wait until the end of the service.  He said sure.

 

When I was introduced, I began (as always) with O Mwari Wakanaka.  The entire church came alive.  They loved it and danced around as if they were in a worship service in Africa.

 

After I preached, I told them about receiving an offering African style (Dr. Houlihan, I also told them about your uncle and his change purse with the rubber bands.  So you cannot use that story now anywhere in Venezuela as well). 

 

The people jumped up, started dancing down the aisles, came to the front, slammed their tithes and offerings on the table, and just had a wonderful time.  It was great!

 

After the offering, I gave an altar invitation and three young men (about 25-30) years old responded.  The church rejoiced because they had been praying for these young men for years.  God is so good.

 

After that invitation, I asked anyone who was going through a difficult time or needed prayer to come forward.  There must have been 50-75 crowded around the front of the church.  For the next 30 minutes or so, we prayed for everyone at the altars.  It was a great time of allowing the Lord to meet their needs.

 

Bro. Rodríguez than called me up to the front and asked the church to pray for me.  It felt so good.  I felt so much love and compassion flowing from that congregation.

 

After the service, people came up and shook my hands and several of them even prayed for me personally.  Wow!  We had church.
 
Dr. Rodney White

Investing in Futures, Inc.
"Coaching and Equipping the Next Generation"
PO Box 6451
Lakeland, Florida 33807

www.investinginfutures.org







Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

No comments: