Sunday, May 3, 2009

Trinidad 2009 - Saturday

                                                                       Trinidad - 2009

 

Saturday, May 25, 2009

 

I left Lakeland at 3:30 a.m. to get to the Orlando airport at 5:30 to arrive an hour and a half before a flight to Miami.  Everything went smoothly.  However, when I arrived in Miami, I looked on my boarding pass and noticed that I only had thirty minutes to get to the gate for my flight to Port of Spain, Trinidad before it boarded.  I was wondering how I could make such a connection, but to my great surprise, my departure gate was exactly one gate from my arrival gate.   It was great.

 

When I arrived in Port of Spain, Karenmay Johnson, the Missions Manager for Bethel World Ministries Outreach in Arimia, Trinidad (a Pentecostal Assemblies of the West Indies church), met me at the airport as well as Tommy Smith, the Maintenance Manager for church.  Tommy put my suitcases in his SUV and took me to the home of the host family with whom I would be staying for the Missions Convention, Mr. Samuel and Dr. Pearl Rivers.  They have a lovely two-story home and showed me to my room.

 

                                 My room  is the one with the brown curtains in the windows

 

Karenmay Johnson picked me up about 6:30 to take me to the church to meet Dr. Irving Smith, the pastor.  We had a wonderful hour-long visit.  He is such a delightful gentleman.  After visiting with the pastor, I was taken to the sanctuary where members of the congregation were putting the finishing touches on the mission booths and decorations for the convention.  Before returning me to the River's home, Karenmay took me to see the DIAL, the famous clock located in the center of the street in Arima, Trinidad.  By 9:00 p.m., I turned in for the night.  It had been a long day. Praise the Lord for a safe and perfect trip.
 
 
Dr. Rodney White

Investing in Futures, Inc.
"Coaching and Equipping the Next Generation"
PO Box 6451
Lakeland, Florida 33807

www.investinginfutures.org

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all people you can, as long as ever you can."
- John Wesley

Let the beauty of what you love, be what you do. - Rumi

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all -Helen Keller

Action is the foundational key to all success - Pablo Picasso

Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: