Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hit by a sledgehammer

 After I was knocked out, ready for surgery, they apparently told me to bend over and touch my ankles.  Then they hit me on the backside three times with a sledgehammer, trying to break up the bladder stones.    Then they inserted a one-inch in diameter PVC pipe up me, attached to a huge 33-gallon garbage bag, and sent me to my hospital room.  At least that's what it felt like to me when I woke up after the surgery. 

 

Seriously, the doctor was amazed.  He had counted 60-70 stones when he had done a scope weeks before, but when he actually started taking them out, there were over 200.  He brought them out into the waiting room and showed them to my wife and children. 

 

Yesterday they removed the tube and bag, so I am beginning to feel more like a human being now.  It was rough.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Dr. Rodney White

Investing in Futures, Inc.
"Coaching and Equipping the Next Generation"
PO Box 6451
Lakeland, Florida 33807

www.investinginfutures.org

I believe that relationships are more important than accomplishments, the journey is more important than the destination, its not about me, and its not about you, but it is all about HIM - Bob McCulley - Missionary to Africa

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all people you can, as long as ever you can."
- John Wesley

Let the beauty of what you love, be what you do. - Rumi

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all -Helen Keller

Action is the foundational key to all success - Pablo Picasso

Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: