Friday, September 5, 2008

Venezuela - Second Friday

 

The Bible School graduation was this morning at 10:00.  I spoke at the graduation last year.  It was a real honor.

 

Do you want to hear something interesting?  When I was getting sermons ready for Venezuela, the Lord gave me a graduation sermon.  I said, But Lord, I have not been asked to preach the graduation.  That was last year, remember?   But the Lord gave me a sermon anyway.  When I saved it on my computer, I even called it – Graduation Sermon.

 

Well, when I preached in the Bible School chapel my first day after arriving, the Bible School Director asked me if I would preach graduation.  I was shocked because I have never heard of anyone preaching graduation two years in a row, but immediately said yes because the Lord had already given me the sermon.  Fernanda translated for me.  I had just a good time.

 

After the graduation ceremony, we went to the Missions Office and had lunch.  The Venezuelan A/G General Superintendent, Bro. Eleodoro Mora, ate lunch with us and we had a great visit around the table.

 

After lunch, we headed back to the mountain retreat.  We missed the two morning sessions with missionary Nancy Roca.  Her first session was on Conflict Management and her second session was on Working Together as a Team.  Everyone said they really enjoyed her sessions.

 

In the afternoon, we interviewed another missionary couple and Bro. Mora preached the night service.

 

It has been another full and wonderful day.  This week has gone by so fast.  It is hard to believe that I only have two more days in Venezuela.  I have missed my wife like crazy, but I have enjoyed every minute this week with the missionaries.  They have become like family. 
 
 
Dr. Rodney White

Investing in Futures, Inc.
"Coaching and Equipping the Next Generation"
PO Box 6451
Lakeland, Florida 33807

www.investinginfutures.org






No comments: